- how Abernethy Butter may obtain your personal information
- what information we collect
- how we will use that information
- who we share your information with
- your choices regarding your information we hold
This policy is written in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
How do we obtain your information?
We obtain your information when you decide to shop online at Abernethy Butter (www.abernethybutter.com) as a result of creating an account with us.
What information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include information such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number. All credit/debit card details are handled by PayPal.
We only collect data that enables us to provide you with the best service possible in order for us to fulfil your order request.
How do we use your information?
How we use your information would largely depend on why you are providing it. We may use your information in the ways set out below.
- We use your personal information to make contact with you about your account, the types of products you are using, the orders you are placing or the service you require.
- We use your information to gain a full understanding of your business transactions with us so we can develop and offer you the best possible services.
- We use your information to keep a record of your relationship with us and for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies. We use your personal information to investigate and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes which we specifically notify you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
- With your consent, we may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can help us to help you, for example, information about our products, services, special offers, news and developments. Occasionally, we may include information from partner organisations or organisations who support us in these communications. If you receive a marketing email from us you will be able to unsubscribe to this type of activity.
- You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 028 8224 0044. You will also note that you can unsubscribe from any marketing material by scrolling down to the bottom of any news letter issued to you and clicking ‘unsubscribe’.
Building profiles and targeting communications
- In order to create a profile for you, we (or our trusted service providers (such as Mailchimp) may use the information which you give us).
- We may also use this information to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in other products we have available. You can let us know if you would prefer us not to profile you in this way by emailing email@example.com or calling us on +44(0) 78 9013 9357.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not sell your details to any third parties, but we may sometimes share your information with our trusted service providers who are authorised to act on our behalf, this includes Mail Chimp, Sage and associated organisations who work on our behalf.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, Abernethy Butter cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
The Abernethy Butter website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.